- The University’s fringe benefit rates are negotiated with its cognizant agency (DHHS) and are part of the University’s F&A rate agreement. Rates beyond June 30, 2023 are estimates and are provided for budgeting purposes. Fringe benefits will be charged at the applicable rate at the time the cost is incurred. The Sponsored Program rates are to be used when developing proposal budgets.
- The following language is required in all proposal budget justifications that include fringe benefit costs:
- “The fringe benefit rates used in the proposal budget are based on the rates approved by the Department of Health and Human Services. An estimated cost escalation has been included in future years per University budgeting guidance.”
- The University rates provided below should be used when developing cost share budgets.
Sponsored Program Fringe Benefit Rates and Projections (%)1
|Graduate Assistant, Academic Yr||15.70||14.40||15.0||15.50||16.00||16.50|
1. Rates refer to grant funding sources only. See the Budget and Planning website for non-grant rates.
2. Special Payroll Examples: Summer faculty, other state agency employees, state retirees, summer graduate students
* FY24 – FY27 rates shown are projected estimates for budgeting purposes only.
** FY27: Rates should remain flat for FY27 and later for budgeting purposes only.
University Fringe Benefit Rates and Projections (%)
|Graduate Assistant, Academic Yr||18.0||18.0||19.0||20.0||21.0||22.0|