What We Do
The UConn Research Communications team is responsible for promoting and disseminating research conducted at the university. Our primary functions include:
- Public Relations
- We write and distribute press releases and manage media inquiries related to research conducted at UConn.
- Science Communication
- The team works to translate complex research findings into accessible language for the general public, especially by producing content for the university’s house media outlet, UConn Today.
- Social Media and Web Presence
- Event Promotion
- Research Communications helps organize and promote events related to research, such as lectures, seminars, and conferences. This helps in engaging the public and other stakeholders.
- Internal Communications
- In addition to external communication, our team ensures that research findings and news are effectively communicated within the university community.
- Graphic Design and Multimedia
- Our talented graphic designers and multimedia specialists help create visually appealing materials to accompany research communications, such as infographics, videos, and other visual content.
- Media Training
- We provide media training to researchers and UConn service units to help them effectively communicate their work to the public and the press.
Get in Touch
Need our services? For internal inquiries (UConn researchers/faculty/staff), submit a ticket with the specifics of your request. This helps us streamline our response and will ensure the quickest turnaround.
For external inquiries and other requests, email us.