The Office of Clinical and Translational Research (OCTR) website has been compiled to assist the principal investigator (PI), research staff and sponsors to navigate the intricacies of budget and contract negotiations as well as the complexities of research financial compliance.
Our mission is to assure that investigators who carry out clinical trials/research at UConn Health adhere to federal and state laws/regulations and institutional policies that govern clinical trials/research contract negotiations and define research financial compliance.
Staff in the OCTR provides researchers the fiscal and contractual administrative support necessary to conduct clinical trials/research within the institution and community. The goals of the OCTR are to:
- Work collaboratively with researchers to develop viable clinical trial/research budgets for all protocols opened at UConn Health
- Create a Budget Workbook for each clinical trial or clinical research study done at UConn Health that accrues John Dempsey Hospital (JDH) and/or UConn Medical Group (UMG) and/or dental medicine charges
- Negotiate clinical trial or clinical research budgets with the sponsor
- Negotiate all contracts for:
- Non-federal investigator initiated industry supported clinical trials
- Industry sponsored clinical trials
- University-to-university clinical trials
- Co-operative group clinical trials
- Foundation supported clinical trials
- Establish Banner research accounts and reconcile these accounts to actual charges
- Audit ongoing clinical trials or clinical research to assure research financial compliance with institutional policies and state and federal laws/regulations
If you have any questions regarding the services provided by the staff in the OCTR, or you would like to set up an appointment to discuss services, please call us at 860.679.7816.
For more information, visit the OCTR website on UConn Health.