Sponsored Program Services (SPS) is developing a comprehensive research administration education program. The program will include in-person interactive learning experiences, video tutorials, reference guides, and other workshops and events meant to provide support and professional development for research administrators, faculty, and students involved in research.
As the program develops, opportunities will be listed below. Please send any suggestions or comments to email@example.com.
Level One Basics of Research Administration
- Defining research and research administration at UConn and UConn Health
- Clarifying a sponsored project, its lifecycle, and the roles and responsibilities of all involved
- Exploring the Office of the Vice President for Research and Sponsored Program Services
- Defining agreement, sponsor, and funding types
- Explaining compliance and audit regulations and findings
- Introducing the subjects and terminology of pre and post award management.
Federal Costing Principles Interactive Learning Experience
Federal Costing Principles
In this three hour interactive learning experience, research administrators will engage in activities designed to help them:
- confidently explain the importance of Uniform Guidance in research administration
- evaluate costs to federally funded accounts against Uniform Guidance requirements to ensure compliance
- make informed and accurate costing decisions using Uniform Guidance requirements as the foundation
- make use of available UConn/UConn Health resources for questions and assistance
This training is highly interactive. You will be engaging with your peers to solve questions by “writing” on the screen and using other online tools. Participants must have access to a reliable device with audio/video capabilities (laptop/desktop/tablet) to participate in class. Webex will be the platform used to administer the course.
Register for classes through Saba. Please Note: classes must have 5 participants to run. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Training Videos and NCURA Webinars
Training Videos and NCURA Webinars can be found on the OVPR-SPS NCURA Webinars Channel (NetID Logon required).
UConn Fiscal Institute for Training (FIT)
The SPA Training Program collaborates with and presents a module during FIT training. We encourage all fiscal staff and local research administrators to take this course.
The Fiscal Institute for Training (FIT) is committed to providing fiscal staff at the school, department or unit level at the University of Connecticut with the knowledge, information, tools and professional networks to be proficient in their key job responsibilities. The Institute, through its comprehensive training program, will deliver the necessary resources to build a professional and collegial business community focused on:
- Improving the efficiency of operations
- Achieving compliance with University and state policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations
- Achieving consistency and standardization in the application of business processes
- Improving the internal control environment of the institution
You can find more information at the FIT Website or contact Jen Person at email@example.com for more information on upcoming sessions.