As most labs have already resumed activity, and given the state of COVID-19 transmission in CT and regionally, there is no longer any additional, special guidance for research labs beyond university guidance and requirements for general operations. All research labs must continue to adhere to university wide and campus specific guidance and requirements.
UConn and Regional Campuses specific guidance and requirements
UConn Health specific guidance and requirements
This page will continue to be updated regularly with guidance about research activities at the University of Connecticut.
We thank you for your dedication to the health and safety of your labs and the UConn community.
The health and safety of faculty, staff, students, patients, the public, and human research subjects will be protected.
- Directives and guidance from local, state, and federal authorities to minimize disease spread and exposure will be followed, such as restrictions related to essential businesses, social distancing, reduced density, stay-at-home, and masks.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) remain responsible for providing direction and oversight of their projects, labs, and/or research sites, and personnel including graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and staff.
- Approval from the OVPR for “Resuming Research Activity” is no longer required for conducting research at any UConn campus.
- Lab and research personnel must follow University wide and campus specific COVID-19 requirements.
- Labs and research programs should continue to have and refine plans to immediately halt or ramp down research activities, if required.
- Requirements for undergraduate participation in research can be found at Guidance for Fall Undergraduate Research and Independent Study Courses has been issued.