Pay Range: $14-20/hr commensurate on experience
The Office of the Vice President for Research is seeking a qualified individual to work with IT staff in rebuilding internal legacy web applications using modern tools and best practices. The individual will be tasked with using modern web languages such as PHP and Java to rebuild existing functionality while simultaneously improving the design, implementation, and user experience of these applications to best support the needs of OVPR staff.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Interview candidates will be contacted. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your software development skills while gaining paid work experience.
* Basic knowledge of MVC architecture
* Experience with common JS frameworks such as (but not limited to) jQuery, Angular, backbone, etc.
* Basic knowledge of SQL
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Must have excellent communication and computer skills
* Experience working with legacy codebases
* Experience using git and github as part of a team
* Experience with relational database design and SQL
* Experience with Laravel is a big plus
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.